what do you make of political correctness ?

Discussion in 'Grown Ups' started by beer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

2. forgotten in space

forgotten in space Super moderator
    Staff Member

Like most things, it can get out of hand when people don't get their priorities straight in political/social action (fake outrage, etc) but as a whole being mindful and considerate of others is a good thing.

at the same time, reactionaries apparently don't understand free speech, and when people react to the stupid shit they spout, think it's cute and try to scare people with labeling them "PC".

3. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd like to believe that most people in most places around the world do self regulate (or something) when talking about stuff but if some media reports are to be believed, and I happen to think that they're genuine, it's gone waay too far in the US, for example.

"antifa" are the fascists when they use violence to shut down another's right to free speech.. tremendous irony.

black/ muslim etc Trump supporters = "race traitors" but Trump is the fascist nazi monster because he "dog whistles" to the majority ?

an out of control far left loud minority of commie fools is what's driving a lot of the social tension there, are they not ? :mistrust:

:banana7:

4. forgotten in space

Staff Member

there was a recent case of fascist anti-fascists when someone protested about Marduk playing in California..the police bought their BS and cancelled the show :nono:

5. forgotten in space

Staff Member

the right has been rearing its ugly head ever since the Tea Party in the other elections and now Trump pretty much campaigned on getting their attention with some anti-immigrant rethoric, so no I don't think it's only the out of control antifas acting out of context :mistrust:

6. Sheolite

Sheolite T&G Addict

Although I am definitely against any kind of discrimination whether it's racial, sexual orientation, etc. I think people have become too sensitive and literally anything can be construed as not being PC nowadays. One thing I hate is if someone doesn't hold the same opinions on a matter they are quickly labelled a hater. There are many viewpoints, lifestyles, affiliations, etc. that I don't agree with but I let people live how they wanna live and actually have more friends who don't share the same beliefs as I do than ones who do and they are some of the most awesome people I've ever met.

7. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

eh, what's this ? :mistrust:

some metal band with dangerous lyrics/themes etc ? :tard2:

in the US, the right was authoritarian, ugly, uncool, bunch of old bible thumping crazies, but that was in the 90s [​IMG]

after which they saw a massive surge of young folk going left and which led to many good social justice victories, things like gay marriage/social acceptability etc, like they were cool, and wanted to change things, and they did change things but it's devolved since into an out of control thought police cult now that labels everyone who has a different point of view as a nazi. :tard:

Trump is an extremely politically incorrect provocateur but maybe that's just what they need to kick some sense into them..

and also that the left there has allied itself with islam, which just happens to be amongst, and probably the most illiberal ideology known to man LOL

:tremendous: irony

besides, Trump's a softy big gubmint new yorker democrat light who is in favour of and wont cut their safety nets which, just going by the numbers, his white constituency uses more than the minorities there lol.

[​IMG]

Trump's ok, how the fuck does a man go from being a really popular TV star to nazi just because he spoke the truth about the problems in the mooslum world and with illegal immigration into there ? it makes no sense. :banana7:

8. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

this really is happening there, isn't it ?

btw, I get the score, I have tonnes of friends and family scattered all over the US, red states, blues states, everywhere, and a lot of those guys don't like the sjw stuff even if some don't like/trust Trump and his style, but some do lol

9. forgotten in space

Staff Member

Marduk are just a black metal band, they sing about some WW2 stuff, so it's pretty much "they must be nazis!!11!!!". It was really stupid, it's like what you'd expect from the religious right/PMRC in the 80s/90s :nono:

and because Oakland had those protests against Milos whathisface, the police wussed out and cancelled the concert.

I have to take it cautiously with Trump, not giving him the benefit of the doubt. in name he's a Republican president, and those nutjobs like Ryan and Cruz etc might feel enabled and try to push much douchebaggery through.

and yeah, like you say, it's kinda "funny" how the white bible belt and rural poors benefit mostly from safety nets but vote against it. might be all that pro-gun hobbyists making them tilt Republican just because of a specific issue :tard2:

10. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yiannopolous :banana7:

shame how they took him down, the guy should self publish that simon and schuster book they were all set to release, he still has millions of fans.. I'm waiting for his fabulous comeback. :glasses9:

Ryan and Romney lost bigly, losers : :tremendous:

President Lyin' Ted was a scary proposition, that guy is a zealot in every sense of the word, it was so epic to see Trump destroy him the way he did, lol. :lol:

about their "muh freedom" gun laws etc, I happen to be a big fan of that particular amendment in their constitution, it really is the ultimate in "freedom"

walk into a wallmart and walk out with a shotgun, super fucking cool :horns:

:eek:

fuck you all, I love Donald Trump, that man is awesome ! :D

11. ozone

ozone Resident Elite

stereotypes suck its like saying all metaal heads do drugs or worship the devil just fucking ignorant. and have always pissed me off.

Thats why we are free thinkers. :finger: :birdman: :321: they dont like how i think NOT my problem. they cant and wont control the way i think. cuz idgaf what or how they think so why should they care how i think.

12. lexo

lexo Resident Elite

Just found this mention. 'sup muh biggots and shitlords?

13. forgotten in space

Staff Member

two more months until @beer@beer is sick of Drumpf? :P

14. beer

beer Moderator
    Staff Member

nope.

Trump did (done) nothing wrong. :troll:

Live Thread addon by sonnb